COOK - FILIA (SBE) (JOB ID: 263)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 2 years cooking/kitchen experience preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel restaurant
- Excellent time management skills
Description of Responsibilities
SLS at Baha Mar’s Cook will work together with the Sous Chef and is responsible for preparing all food items to the Executive Chef’s and restaurant standards.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients per recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Serve food (for example, soup, desserts, sides, entrees) in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, per standards.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work under demanding and strenuous situations.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to the world of Baha Mar— a playground of uninterrupted white sand beaches and crystalline waters. Baha Mar offers world-class hospitality uni...